Monday, June 18, 2012

How to celebrate birthdays in the classroom?

Birthdays!!!!! All kids love to celebrate their birthday. In my classroom students get special treatment on that day. We all sing Happy Birthday as they blow their candle(light with 'magical switch') It's funny that even though they know they are not really blowing it out and that I am the one turning it off, they get so excited.
'Magical' birthday candle
 

They get a birthday crown and a get to put a King or Queen chair cover. What they love the most is taking the 'Dia Especial' journal. In this journal they are to write, draw or include a picture about their birthday celebration. They get to take the journal over the weekend and share with everyone on Monday. 




To display my students birthday I created 1 cupcake for each month. I cut yellow construction paper to make candles, wrote students name and date on it. They loved them!



Birthday cupcakes with yellow 'candles'

What do you do to celebrate your students birthday??? Please share...





My little share today is..........the letter to parents(goes inside journal). Hope you enjoy!! 


Birthday Journal

FYI: My fonts changed when I added the file to the post and it doesn't look very attractive. But you can always change it to fit your needs. ;)


2 comments:

Post a Comment